Things to do in Cape San Blas
- Beach Day
- Beach/water toys, Chairs and Umbrellas are all you need.
- Beach Scavenger Hunt - See image below and here is a link to download a PDF.
- Public access to the beach is available by the rocks, Cape Palms Park, Dunes Dr or inside the State Park.
- Get out on the water in St Joseph Bay
- Kayak, Stand up paddle boards, Canoe or pontoon boat
- Public access points to the bay are across from the rocks or inside the state park.
- Fish from the beach or away from the shore. Always a good time.
- Scallop Cove Bait and Tackle (4310 Cape San Blas Rd) have all your fishing needs and advice.
- Grab some gear, dive flag and walk out in the bay or beach
- To read how to snorkel click here.
- On the beach at sunset to see ghost crabs
- Use a crab cage for lots of crabs
- Scalloping (during open season)
- St Joseph Peninsula State Park
- Boat Ramp
- Rent Kayak, Stand up paddle boards or Canoe
- Rent Pontoon Boats
- Hiking trails
- Camping *coming soon*
- Loggerhead Run Bike Path
- Eight mile trail on Cape San Blas that runs from St. Joseph Peninsula State Park to Salinas Park along Hwy 30E/Cape San Blas Road.
- Remember, per the city, no golf carts are allowed on the path.
- Come see Scallop Cove for bike rentals
- Cape San Blas Lighthouse
- Park by the rocks on CSB and walk about a half mile on the beach to see the old location. Find the cement footings and look for bald eagles.
- Go to Port St Joe in George Core Park to see where the lighthouse currently stands.
- History of it here: http://www.capesanblaslight.org/
- St. Joseph Bay State Buffer Preserve Center
- Second Friday of the month, they offer tram tours. Must make reservations.
- The trails are available to hiking, biking, horseback riding, bird watching, photography and nature study.
- Located at 3915 County Rd 30A, Port St Joe, FL 32456
- Forgotten Coast Sea Turtle Center
- Find them on Facebook for their latest events and hours.
- Located at 1001 10th Street, Port St Joe FL 32456
- Open Tuesday through Thursday and Sunday from 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. ET.
- Bird Watching
- Season is from Fall to Spring. So many birds flock to our area, so keep an open eye. There are typically bald eagles by the rocks.
- Find the facebook group "Birding Port st joe" for more info.
- Salinas Park
- Beach or Bay side access. Playgrounds, pickleball courts, volleyball courts, picnic area, BBQ and more!
- Cape Palms Park
- Public access to the beach with shaded picnic area.
- Restrooms and showers.
- Plenty of parking
- Visit the Point of the Cape
- This is where the "Donna Kay" was located
- Harder pack sand, perfect for walking
- Find the palm trees with shells hanging on them and add another!
***These ideas below are not numbered on the map as they are not in a specific location.***
Take a Selfie!
- Scallop Cove Big Beach Chair
- Cape Palms Park pearl mural, plus 3 other murals in Gulf County
- Turtle Trail sculptures
- There are 8 turtle sculptures hidden around Cape San Blas and Port St Joe. Go find them all and take a picture!
- If you find and take a picture with six turtle statues, post to social media and use the hashtags #InGulf & #TurtleTrail, you can then stop by the Gulf County Welcome Center to claim a free metal straw.
- We've started hiding caches around the Cape under our new store account. Check out geocaching.com for details. Our user name is Scallop_Cove.
- Find 2 courses available in Port St Joe.
- Facebook page Port St Joe Disc Golf for more info.
Boat the Intercoastal
- If you have your own boat, go up into the intercoastal. You'll find alligators, beautiful scenery, fish and so much more.
Horseback riding on the beach
- There are a few companies that offer horseback riding on the beach. Perfection at sunset!
Watch for Dolphins
- Beach - Usually on a calm day you'll see dolphins swimming up and down the beach. Watch for them carefully and you'll see them jump in and out of water.
- Bay - You will find dolphins in our bay as well. They can play in the boats wake or along side the boat in the waves.
- What is a beach day without ice-cream? Scallop Cove has Blue Bell and can do waffle cones, cake cones, sugar cones, bowls or take home a pint or half gallon to share. Follow us on social for flavor of the week!
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Key Lime Pies - Big and mini's
- Donuts - Scallop Cove makes yeast donuts every morning! We will happily make you a fresh batch anytime! We offer chocolate, glazed, cinnamon sugar and apple fritters.
William J "Billy Joe" Rish State Park
- 100-acre park provides an opportunity to explore the beach, the bay and the natural resources between.
- Cabins and Pool coming soon!
- This recreation area has been designated to provide recreational opportunities for people with disabilities, their families and their caregivers.
- Click here for more info.
- St Joe Bay Golf Club: 18-hole golf conveniently located in between Port St. Joe and Cape San Blas. Great dining there too!
- St James Bay Golf Club - Its about an hour drive from CSB, but heard its a challenging and nice course.
- The saying goes, if there is salt in the water, there are sharks, Luckily they are just as scared of us as we are of them,
- Personally I leave the shark fishing to the experts and let them take take you out! They have all the right tools and experience.
- Stop by Scallop Cove Bait and Tackle and we will get your connected with a guide.
Need to Rent something to enjoy our area?
Check out everything we have to offer to rent.